Makes: 6 servings
½ cup nonfat milk
⅓ cup applesauce
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup quick-cooking oats (uncooked)
1 cup sugar
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tart apple (cored and chopped)
Raisins and walnuts, optional for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line six muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, add milk and applesauce. Stir until blended.
- Stir in flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix until just moistened.
- Gently stir in the chopped apples.
- Divide the muffin batter among the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes before serving. Store unused portions in an airtight container.
|Total fat||1 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g|
|Saturated fat||0 g|
|Total sugars||14 g|
For more healthy recipes, ask your AHW health coach and attend your AHW seminars!