Like many other people, you may be thinking about what you would like to accomplish in 2022 or what life changes you could make.
Common New Year’s resolutions include losing weight, exercising, getting organized, learning new skills and saving money.
To achieve your resolutions, try the following strategies:
- Set a goal that motivates you.
- Set a goal that is specific.
- Set a goal that is manageable or attainable.
- Write down your goals to establish intention.
- Share your goals with others, like your AHW health coach, to increase accountability.
Ready, Set, Go!
2021 has likely given you time to reflect and think about what you’d like to change about your lifestyle. This is a good time to make positive life changes and strive for an overall healthier self. Consider the following five tips to start the new year off right:
- Check in on your mental health. Mental health is just as important as physical health in building a healthy lifestyle. Reach out to a professional if you need help.
- Be social. Isolating during the COVID-19 pandemic doesn’t have to mean loneliness. Reconnect with others virtually or while practicing social distancing.
- Get regular checkups. Stay up to date on your annual physicals and necessary health tests. Screenings can help identify health issues to be addressed. Attend AHW wellness seminars and meet with your health coach for accountability, support and to monitor your progress.
- Drink more water. Consuming sugary drinks, like juice or soda, can cause liver damage, premature aging and anxiety. Avoid excessive alcohol consumption as well.
- Count nutrients, not calories. Focus on improving the overall quality of your diet and not getting hung up on calories. Achieve this by adding more fiber, protein and probiotics to your diet.
If you do just one thing in 2022, consider making time for yourself. Identify the activities that make you happy or fulfilled and prioritize them. Speak with your AHW health coach to get started and for guidance and support with lifestyle changes.