Today is the day you start your smoke-free life! Remind your family and friends that it’s your quit date so they can support you.
Use Your Support Program
Talking to your doctor and reaching out to your AHW Health Coach are great places to start to seek support. If you decide to participate in your AHW Smoking Cessation program, use it to its full extent. Attend the seminars. Schedule one-on-ones with your AHW Health Coach. Make a plan with your coach. We are here to support and encourage you through this with proven, results-driven methods.
Steer Clear of Temptation
Use the following tips to help reduce your urge to smoke:
- If you always smoke while driving, try listening to a new radio station. Take a different route or even different transportation for a while, such as the train or bus, if possible.
- Stay away from things that you connect with smoking, such as watching your favorite TV show, sitting in your favorite chair or having a drink before dinner.
- Spend as much free time as you can where smoking is not allowed, such as malls, libraries, museums, theaters, stores or church.
Manage Your Cravings
The urge to smoke will come and go. Try to wait it out. Consider starting some new habits to help control your urges.
- Keep other things in your mouth instead of cigarettes. Try carrots, pickles, sunflower seeds, apples, raisins or sugar-free gum.
- Try a change of scenery, such as going outside or to a different room.
For information on our effective and preventive wellness programs, contact us.