Makes: 4 servings
1 spaghetti squash (about 24 ounces, halved, seeded)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
¼ tsp. dried oregano
2 tsp. dried basil (or ½ cup fresh basil, chopped)
1 cup cherry tomatoes (thinly sliced)
Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Place the two spaghetti squash halves, cut-side down, in a glass baking dish. Add about ¼ cup of water to the dish and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Microwave the dish on high for 12 minutes, or until the squash is soft when pressed. Let it stand (still covered) for three minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, basil, oregano and 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese together. Stir in the tomatoes and season the mixture lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scrape the squash out with a fork and add strands to the tomato mixture, tossing until combined.
- Sprinkle the combined mixture with the remaining Parmesan cheese and serve.
|Total fat||5 g|
|Dietary fiber||2 g|
|Saturated fat||1 g|
|Total sugars||3 g|
For more healthy recipes and wellness tips, chat with your AHW health coach, attend their wellness seminars and check out our blog.